Tree Care Services
Tree Health Consultation
The purpose and goal of a tree consultation is to inform you, the client, of your tree’s health, structure, potential risk and long term management potential. Our mission and goal is to give you the appropriate scientific plant health care information in order for you to make a well informed decision that fits your budget, aesthetic and property management long term goals. Our arborists work with you to give you a number of different options based on your tree’s species, health and your property management goals. From these conversations with you we are able to give you an itemized estimate so that you can see the price breakdown for the options we have discussed. Our mission and goal is sharing information.
Pruning is a common tree care practice involving the selective removal of diseased, damaged, dead or hazardous limbs or branches. All pruning is based on the desired goals an arborist has to affect the way in which a tree grows. The most common types of pruning include:
- Deadwooding – Removing deadwood from the canopy
- Lightening of heavy limbs – Making small diameter pruning cuts out towards the tips of branch to alleviate weight stress on branch unions
- House clearance – Clearing leafy and woody material away from houses to provide air flow to your home
- Ground clearance – Often times raising the canopy for foot traffic
- Thinning – Opening up the center of the canopy to reduce rubbing branches and increase view through canopy
- Reductions – If a tree is showing significant signs of stress or has become too tall for its current growing site we can often times reduce the height of the tree
- Green stick fracture pruning – Removal or broken material back to a properly placed and executed pruning cut
We also offer cable installations which are often times done in conjunction with pruning in order to further reduce risk of limb failure. Cables should be inspected by an arborist every two years.
When all else fails or total removal is the safest or preferred option, we are fully equipped for any variety of tree removal. With tree removal we also now provide tree-cycling which allows you to take those problem trees out of your yard and create custom furniture for your house! Below are some common reasons for tree removal:
- The tree is dead.
- The tree is unhealthy. Take notice if the top of the tree or branches are dying back, or the trunk shows signs of decay.
- The tree was damaged in a storm. If enough of the tree was damaged it may be beyond repair.
- The tree is growing too close to, or the roots are encroaching on your house, barn, utility lines or other structures.
- The tree is leaning in a dangerous direction, like toward your house, driveway, deck or your childrens’ play area. Sometimes this is not so obvious!
- The tree drops troublesome leaves or needles, sap, seeds, cotton, and/or branches.
- The tree is blocking your views or is creating too much shade and inhibiting your lawn to grow.
- You are planning landscape renovations that would damage the tree.
- The tree has structural problems, such as interior decay.
- There are cracks in the main trunk or leaders
- The tree is too large for its location and poses a danger if it should fall or drop branches.
- The tree is in the way of construction or will be mortally damaged by heavy equipment.
- A disease or insect infestation will eventually cause tree death or spread to other trees.
- There is significant crowding among trees on your property.
Miscellaneous Tree Care
We are not limited to the tree care options mentioned above and are fully equipped and prepared to deal with any number of tree care situations. If you have any questions at all, we would love to chat and discuss any tree care issues you may have. All tree care consultations and estimates are free, just call or email us today to schedule a time. We love trees and love sharing knowledge about your trees with you!